Easter Chick Decorations Activity
Call in the craft supplies this Easter and make your own decorations. Construct cute baby chicks with nothing but fuzzy pom-poms and an assortment of other craft supplies.
What You Need:
- Pom-poms in yellow and/or orange colors
- White craft glue
- Wiggle eyes
- Construction paper in yellow and orange
What You Do:
- Help your child pick out a handful of yellow and orange pom-poms.
- Glue one pom-pom on top of another one of the same color.
- While waiting for the glue to dry, have your child use scissors and construction paper to cut out a small triangle beak and feet for his chick. If he has used yellow pom-poms, he’ll want to use orange construction paper for contrast, and yellow construction paper if he used orange pom-poms.
- Have your child pick out a pair of wiggle eyes and carefully apply glue to the backs of them, then place them on the front of the pom-poms.
- Glue the triangle beak underneath the eyes and glue it on. Then place the feet shape underneath the pom-poms. Glue the chick on top of the feet.
- Have your child position a feather on the back of the pom-poms, either horizontally or vertically, whichever he prefers. Glue the feather on the back of the chick.
- Place his creation on the mantle, on top of the TV, or as a centerpiece to celebrate springtime!
Beth Levin has an M.A. in Curriculum and Education from Columbia University Teachers College. She has written educational activities for Macmillan/McGraw-Hill and Renaissance Learning publishers. She has a substitute teaching credential for grades K-12 in Oregon, where she lives with her husband and two daughters.