Easter Egg Collage
Create your very own colorful collage egg, just in time for Easter! This egg is made from watercolor paper and layered with beautiful pieces of tissue paper, torn and cut into flower shapes. The layers of tissue create a "stained glass" effect that will surprise your child. Beautiful enough to hang on a wall, this egg will cheer up any room!
What You Need:
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint
- White glue
- Multi-color tissue paper cut into 3" x 3" squares
- Paper towel
What You Do:
- Have your child draw an egg shape on the watercolor paper.
- Brush clear water over the egg and blot the water with paper towel.
- Use light colored watercolor paints to paint in the egg and allow it to dry completely.
- Create a stack of six sheets of tissue paper, of different colors. Sketch a flower shape on the top piece of tissue, and the flowers out of the entire stack
- Repeat this with at least three different types of flowers.
- Cut out the egg and then glue down the tissue flowers you have cut out on top of the egg. Layer them on top of each other to create a layered, colorful effect.