If your child likes to pretend or host his own puppet shows, he'll love making his very own stage! This activity lets kids construct a stage that is as easy to make as it is to store. With a curtain rod, an old sheet, and fabric pens, and an old sheet or other material, and fabric pens you can create a stage that would make even Punch and Judy proud.
What You Do:
- With fabric pens, glue paint, glitter and any other decorative item or material your child would like to use, have him decorate the old sheet. This is your puppet show curtain.
- Let the paint and decorations dry completely.
- Position a spring-tension curtain rod in a doorway at whatever height is suitable for your young puppeteer.
- Drape the sheet over the rod. Or, you can sew a simple casing at the top to push the curtain rod through.
- As soon as you place the curtain rod in the doorway, you're ready for showtime!
Once your child is done playing, roll the curtain around the rod for easy storage.