What You Need:
- Wine glass
- Low-temperature glue gun (with parental supervision)
- Pipe cleaners in a variety of colors
- Acrylic gems
What You Do:
- Help your child begin by putting a small amount of hot glue directly onto the top of the glass and gluing the end of a piece of yarn to it.
- Have him continue to wrap the yarn as you glue a thin line. Be careful to not touch the glue.
- When he's ready to change colors, cut the yarn and begin the next color yarn, or pipe cleaner, using the same technique.
- Encourage him to wrap the entire wine glass, including the base.
- Ask him to glue acrylic gems directly onto the yarn and pipe cleaners.
- Fill the glass with wine and await for Elijah's return!
Helpful Tip: To clean the glass, pour out the wine and use a soapy cloth to wipe the inside of the glass. People should not drink directly from this glass and it should never be washed under running water.
Did You Know?
Some families placed a cup full of water next to the Cup of Elijah. This cup is called the Cup of Miriam and it's a reference to Moses's sister, Miriam, and the well that provided the Israelites with water during their journey through the desert.