What You Need:
- Empty cereal box
- White paper (try to reuse scratch paper or old homework or school flyers)
What You Do:
- Cut the cereal box open along the edges so it lies flat.
- Help your child measure out a 6” x 10” rectangle on the cereal box and cut it out.
- Have her measure a 6” x 10” rectangle on the white paper and cut it out.
- Now have her glue the white paper rectangle to the cereal box rectangle on the printed side. Let dry.
- Have her fold the rectangle in half width-wise so the shorter edges meet and the white side is on the inside of the card.
- Now invite her to decorate the card using markers. She can also cut out shapes from the cereal box scraps and glue them to the card. For example, cut out an apple shape, paper it, and color it with markers.
- Once the card is decorated, have her write a thank you message inside the card. Encourage her to think of specific reasons why she is grateful to her teacher.
On the last day of school, encourage her to present her homemade thank you card to her teacher to thank her for a great year of school.