Halloween Eyeball Cake Pops
These Halloween cake pops only have eyes for you! Your child can create his very own Halloween eyeball cake pops to gross out friends and family. They'll be disgusted at first, but then they'll discover how tasty these Halloween cake pops are! Kids will love dipping these Halloween eyeball cake pops in white chocolate and decorating them to look like a plucked-out eye. Eat Halloween cake pops this All Hallow's Eve for a spooky treat fit for zombies and friends.
What You Need:
- Chocolate cake mix
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- Plastic wrap
- White chocolate chips
- Blue, red and black gel icing
- Baking tray
- Wax paper
- Double boiler
What You Do:
- Follow the baking directions to make your cake. Allow it to cool or refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, crumble the cake using a fork or your fingers.
- Whip together cream cheese, butter, sugar and milk and pour it into the cake crumbs.
- Mix well. If the cake is still too crumbly to form into balls, add one tablespoon of milk until it is a soft clay-like consistency. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Cover a baking tray with wax paper and roll the cold cake mixture into balls the size of golf balls and set onto the paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate chips. (If you don’t have a double boiler, use two pots on top of one another; the bottom pot should have two cups of water in it. Set it on medium heat.)
- As soon as the white chocolate looks shiny, remove it from the heat and mix immediately.
- Dip the cake balls in the white chocolate and coat them by using a toothpick to move them around. Set them on the wax paper to dry.
- Place the tray of dipped eyeballs in the fridge for an hour to set them.
- Squeeze a small circle of blue gel on the top of the chilled cake pop. Fill in the center of the circle with a dot of black gel. Use the red gel to create squiggly red veins.
- Carefully, poke a straw into the bottom of the eyeball and place in a clear glass to serve.