Celebrate the changing seasons with your child as he creates a seasonal sculpture that explores the possibilities of three dimensional artwork. Combine nature, the environment, and artistic process into one fantastic lesson. Encourage your child to make observations, and then translate them into his own unique masterpiece.
This activity will aid in the development of aesthetic awareness, help to build an art vocabulary, and foster nature based scientific inquiry.
What You Need:
- Thin gauge bendable wire (available at most arts and craft stores as well as some hardware stores)
- Modeling clay in browns or tan colors
- Tissue paper in fall colors such as red, brown, orange, and yellow
- Optional: Wooden block base
- Pencil (and/or colored pencils)