Fall Words Reading Tree Activity
Celebrate the fiery colors of fall with a charming tree and a pile of wordy leaves. Once completed, your child will have a vocabulary activity bursting with seasonal charm and fun fall words.
What You Need:
- White poster board
- Brown marker
- Red chalk
- Yellow chalk
- Orange chalk
- Tan chalk
- Fall vocabulary words
What You Do:
- Have your child use a brown marker to draw a tree on the white poster board.
- Help her cut the tree out of the poster board. Make sure none of the branches accidentally get cut off.
- Let your child use red, yellow, orange and tan chalk to scribble all over the rest of the poster board. The colors should blend, so urge her to overlap each shade.
- Have her cut out twenty football-shaped leaves from the colored poster board.
- Let her write one word from her fall vocabulary list on ten of the leaves.
- Write ten words that have nothing to do with fall on the remaining leaves. Don't let her see these words!
- Spread out all the leaves on the table.
- Have your child select only the fall words from the pile.
- As she picks each word, ask her to define it.
- Keep going until the tree is filled with vibrant fall leaves!