Where o' where could all that gold be? Your kids will love this tradition of finding a leprechaun's gold hidden all over. Could it be in your shoe, or behind a picture? How about under that chair?
What You Need:
- Yellow construction paper
- Gold glitter
- Clear contact paper or laminator (optional)
What You Do:
- Use the bottom of a cup to trace circles on yellow construction paper.
- Draw enough circles for each child to find 5 pieces of gold.
- Cover each circle with gold glitter.
- Set circles aside to dry overnight.
- Option: To help protect gold pieces, you may laminate or cover them with clear contact paper.
- While children are out of the room or sleeping, hide all of the gold pieces.
- When you are finished, invite the children to search for the gold.
- Encourage children to share in the finding to assure everyone finds several pieces of gold.
After finding all the gold, each child can count their gold pieces individually and then count them to see how rich they are. Another version of this game for older children would involve pieces of different colors with a given amount assigned to each color. For example, all the green pieces could be worth 10. The children would then add up different values to see how much money they collected. Also, you could let the children take turns hiding the gold. If the weather is nice, this can be a great outdoor activity.