With television, video games, and the Internet to keep them happy, kids these days have less and less reason to go outside for entertainment. Don't let your child fall into this alarming trend by introducing fitness games like this one into her daily routine. A cross between a cake walk and musical chairs, this energetic game makes exercise fun. Your child will love walking around the path to her favorite music and performing quick physical activities when the music stops. Since this game is best with several participants, why not invite some of your child's friends over for a little group fitness fun?
What You Need:
- Fitness equipment such as jump ropes, hula hoops, balls, scoops, beanbags, and juggling balls
- 8-12 index cards (you can use more or less depending on the number of participants you have)
- Small objects such as bean bags, small rocks, toy cars, etc.
- Cones, carpet squares, and/or rubber mats (optional)
- Flat, hard surface
- CD player or other device for playing music
- Fun music