Traditional bookmarks slip and slide out of your child's favorite books. Eliminate such sad woes with the flower bookmark that knows how to hold on tight!
What You Need:
- Felt scraps
What You Do:
- Let your child use scissors to cut a piece of elastic that is approximately one foot long.
- Have her overlap the ends of the elastic strip.
- Help her use a needle and thread to carefully sew the elastic ends together.
- Take a look at the felt scraps with your child. These will be your flowers. Encourage her to experiment with various colors and shapes as she imagines different flowers that she could make.
- Let her use scissors to cut out petals from the felt scraps.
- Help her sew the petals together to form colorful flowers.
- Have her sew bright buttons in the center of each flower.
- Let her arrange the flowers on the elastic strip. Have her play around with different combinations until she finds the perfect one.
- Sew each flower onto the elastic strip.
- Have your child slip the elastic bookmark onto her book. She'll never lose her place again!