Brooches never go out of style and this beautiful textured pin is no exception. Your child can create a layered collage of color that will look fantastic pinned to clothing, or even a bag. They also make great gifts!
What You Need:
- Brooch Pin with closure, or a safety pin
- Various colored felts
- Sequin, button or acrylic gemstone
What You Do:
- Have your child draw and cut out a large circle on a piece of felt. This will be the base of the brooch, all other concentric circles will be smaller than the base.
- Have her choose another color of felt and draw and cut out a smaller circle for the next layer. She can repeat this until she has at least four to five circles, each smaller than the last.
- For the final circle, encourage her to cut it into a flower shape.
- Have her draw and cut out leaves from a green piece of felt. She can repeat this to create two sets of leaves if she likes.
- Time to assemble! Have her glue each circle on top of each other. At the very center of the top felt shape, glue on the accent, whether it's a sequin, button, gemstone or coin.
- Glue the leaves from the bottom of the circles.
- Finally, glue the entire felt creation onto the brooch pin. If you're using a safety pin, pin the safety pin through the center of the bottom piece of felt.