Brooches never go out of style and this beautiful textured pin is no exception. Your child can create a layered collage of color that will look fantastic pinned to clothing, or even a bag. They also make great gifts!
What You Need:
- Brooch pin with closure, or a safety pin
- Various colored felts
- Sequin, button or acrylic gemstone
What You Do:
- Have your child draw and cut out a large circle on a piece of felt. This will be the base of the brooch, all other concentric circles will be smaller than the base.
- Have her choose another color of felt and draw and cut out a smaller circle for the next layer. Have her repeat this step until she has at least four to five circles, each one smaller than the last.
- Take the final circle and encourage her to cut it into a flower shape.
- Have her draw and cut out leaf shapes from a green piece of felt. Have her repeat this step to create two sets of leaves if she likes.
- Time to assemble! Have her glue the circles on top of one other starting with the largest one and moving down in size. At the very center of the top felt shape, glue on the accent, whether it's a sequin, button, gemstone or coin.
- Glue the leaves so they protrude from underneath some of the circles.
- Finally, glue the entire felt creation onto the brooch pin. If you're using a safety pin, pin the safety pin through the center of the bottom piece of felt.