Your child can create a trendy, retro felt flower pin that will remind her of the natural beauty of flowers in full bloom no matter what time of year it is!
What You Need:
- 3 colors of felt
- Black marker
- Hot glue gun
- Pin back
What You Do:
- Invite your child to select three colors of felt to use for making her flower pin. She can pick shades of one color, or three contrasting colors, like complementary colors! Complementary colors are located opposite each other on the color wheel. Red and green, blue and yellow, and orange and purple are the most common complementary color pairing!
- Now, offer your child a black marker and invite her to draw an organic flower shape about 3-inches in diameter.
- Next, she can draw and cut a flower shape out of the other two colors of felt, each just a bit smaller than the last!
- Invite your child to arrange the felt pieces until she's happy with how they look.
- Now she can warm up the hot glue gun and secure the felt pieces together.
- To add the final touch, have her glue the pin back on the other side of her flower pin.
Her finished flower pin can be worn on a sweater or jacket—or even given as a gift!