Your child can create a trendy and retro felt flower pin that will remind her of summer no matter what time of year it is!
What You Need:
- 3 colors of felt
- Black marker
- Hot glue gun
- Pin back
What You Do:
- Invite your child to select three colors of felt to use for making her flower pin. She can pick shades of one color, or three contrasting colors, like complimentary colors! Complimentary colors are located opposite each other on the color wheel, such as red and green, blue and yellow, and orange and purple!
- Now offer your child a black marker and invite her to draw an organic flower shape about 3-inches in diameter.
- Next, she can draw and cut a flower shape out of the other two colors of felt, each just a bit smaller than the last!
- Invite your child to arrange the felt pieces until she is happy with how things look.
- Now she can warm-up the hot glue gun and then secure the felt pieces together. She can also glue the pin back on the other side of her flower pin.
Her finished flower pin can be worn on a sweater or jacket – or given as a gift!