What You Need:
- Small flowerpot
- Plaster of Paris
- Craft sticks
- Paint or markers
- Glitter or stickers
- Faux flowers (optional)
- Poem or note for Mom
What You Do:
- Have your child find some plastic flowers, or draw and paint Mom's favorite flowers on cardstock.
- Next, cut them out and decorate the flowers with markers and glitter for sparkle.
- Paint the craft sticks green and glue them to the flowers for a finished bouquet.
- Help your child mix Plaster of Paris according to the package directions, and pour some into the flowerpot until it is halfway full.
- As the plaster begins to dry, your child can insert the flowers into the plaster, as well as the fork, with the tines facing up. This will clip Mom's special note in place.
- Glue the note onto cardstock and stick it in between the fork tines. When you're ready to cook for mom, just stick the recipe on top for a hands-free display!
Inspire your child to write a note with this "Recipe for Love" poem!
Take a cup or two of laughter, and a pinch of good advice.
Pour in patience by the bowlful, and then stir it once or twice.
Fold in lots of hugs and kisses, and a mother's gentle care.
Then cook it 'til it's nice and warm, and spread it everywhere.