Make your painting shimmer with a background of aluminum foil! This interesting metallic surface creates a totally different look than painting on regular paper or canvas. Colors will pop off the background while your child enjoys mixing colors and experimenting with new materials.
What You Need:
- Aluminum Foil
- Cardboard 8.5" x 11"
- Tempera Paint
- Dishwashing liquid
- Measuring Cup
- Disposable paper cups
What You Do:
- Help wrap the front surface of the cardboard with aluminum foil, wrapping and taping it on the backside.
- Set out one cup for each color that your child wants to use.
- Help her measure and pour 1/2 cup of tempera paint into each paper cup.
- Show her how to measure out a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid into a spoon. Encourage her to put one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid into each paint cup.
- Stir each cup of paint thoroughly. The dishwashing liquid will help the paint adhere to the foil.
- Now she can paint whatever picture she likes onto the foil surface.
- Allow the painting to dry completely, then hang it somewhere that everyone can enjoy it!
Helpful Tip: If the paint is still not sticking to the foil, at one more teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to the paint.