Spruce up your art routine with this fun new project! Create a foil painting, using paints on a foil background to create a stunning, shiny work of art. Your preschooler will have fun mixing the paints and seeing the results. It's a new spin on painting that will surely grab the attention of your child.
What You Need:
- Aluminum foil
- Matte board or cardboard
- 1/2 cup thick tempera paint
- Paper cup
- 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid
What You Do:
- Cover a piece of matte board or cardboard with aluminum foil, folding the foil around the back of the board. Tape the foil down.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of tempera paint into a paper cup. For every color paint you want to use, use a different cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to the thick tempera paint and mix well. This mix helps the paint adhere to foil, plastic, and other glossy surfaces. If it still won't stick, add 1/2 teaspoon of additional dishwashing liquid to the mixture.
- Paint pictures on the foil using your new paint. Set the project aside to dry, then hang it up in her room or around the house. You can vary this activity by covering a box, bottle, or picture frame with foil and painting as above to create some cool gifts!