What You Need:
- Brown paper bag
- Brown construction paper
- White construction paper
- Thin color markers
- Double-sided tape
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a football shape on brown construction paper. If you have a real football at home, use this as a reference.
- Let him use scissors to cut out the football shape.
- Have him draw the football's stitching in pencil on white paper.
- Help him cut the stitching out.
- Next, show him how to trace his brown football on another sheet of white construction paper.
- Have him draw the football stripes on the white paper.
- Let him cute the stripes out.
- Time to put the football together! Help him glue the white stitching and stripes onto his brown football paper.
- Show him how to trace the outside of the football, along with the stitching and white shapes, with a black marker. This will make the entire football stand out more.
- Use double stick tape to glue the football to the paper bag.
- Let the entire bag dry for a couple of hours.
- Have your child fill his football craft with healthy food or yummy snacks to enjoy while showing off his team spirit!
If your child has a favorite football team, help him print out their logo or draw it on the bag himself!