Father's Day Flower
Make a brilliant bouquet for dad on his special day. This Father’s Day craft unique flowers that remind dad of his favorite team. Instead of traditional flowers, your child can design football shaped blooms in customized team colors. Make one or a handful for dad to celebrate!
What You Need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Construction paper
- Hole punch
- Clear tape or glue
- Tissue paper
What You Do:
- Help your child to create football flower petals. Choose colors based on dad’s favorite pro or college team. For example, if he is a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, select black and yellow papers. Ask him to draw oval shapes onto the construction paper and cut them out with scissors.
- Use a marker to design team logo or write the team’s name on the flowers petal ovals.
- Punch a hole (with the hole punch) into one end of each football flower petal. Thread a green pipe cleaner (as a stem) through the hole and fold to close.
- Cut at least two extra ovals out as leaves. Glue or tape these to the sides of the pipe cleaner.
- Repeat for more flowers.
- Gather the "flowers", or just use one, and wrap with a sheet of tissue. Choose a piece of tissue paper that matches the team colors and wrap the bouquet up as a special surprise.
Try this project with other types of sports if dad is not a football fan. Make circle shaped basketball or baseball petals or even consider making tiny-tennis racquets.