These Frankenstein bolts will help you master the fine art of monster craft. Halloween wouldn't be complete without Frankenstein and his lumbering monster, and these Frankenstein bolts are the perfect way to channel the classic tale of horror and industry. Once you've assembled these simple Frankenstein bolts from common household materials, you'll just need green face paint to complete the ensemble!
What You Need:
- 2 20-oz soda bottles
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic headband
- Permanent marker
What You Do
- Have your child rinse out both soda bottles.
- Let her use a marker to cut a circle around the neck of the two soda bottles.
- Take over the cutting duties for your little monster. Carefully use a sharp pair of scissors to cut the tops of each soda bottle off along the marked line.
- Place the headband on the back of your child’s neck.
- Use a marker to make a dot on each side of the headband where the bolts should go.
- Take the headband off your child.
- Let her cut off the pieces of the plastic headband that extend past the marker dots.
- Help your child carefully staple the bottle tops to the headband. Make sure the bottle caps match up with the marker dots you made.
- Have your child cut out two squares of aluminum foil -- roughly 2 x 2 inches.
- Let her squish and cover each bottle top with the aluminum foil. Be sure she presses the foil into all the indentations.
- Help your child position the headband back on her neck. She's ready for a frightful good time!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.