Craft Unique Fridge Magnets Activity
Need a way to display your child's artwork on the fridge but tired of your regular old magnets? Try this activity to make it a little more special! The project makes use of those freebie magnets from insurance companies and pizza delivery joints. Add a little decoration and make your own designs to make one-of-a-kind magnets for your one-of-a-kind kid!
What You Need:
- Flat refrigerator magnets
- Rubber cement
- Decorative paper
- Wooden letters, cutouts, or other decoration
What You Do:
- Use the rubber cement to attach the decorative paper to the front of the magnet.
- Carefully trim the edges so the paper is smooth and even with the edges of the magnet.
- If you wish, cut the magnet into a shape, or in half to make smaller magnets.
- Use the rubber cement to attach your decorations to the magnet. Let your creative side shine through, as the possibilities for this step are nearly endless. Some ideas are:
- Use paper or wooden letters to spell out your child's name or nickname, with one letter on each magnet.
- Cut out a cardboard "frame" and put a photo of your child in it.
- Draw a picture of your child's favorite animal, sport, food, or hobby.
- Use your child's favorite colors to create a design, such as hearts, stars, lines and swirls, polka dots, etc.
- Use paper or wooden letters to spell out your child's grade.
- Cut magnets into circles and draw faces of each member of your family on them.
- Use paper or wooden letters to spell out your last name.
- Tie a small piece of ribbon into a bow and glue it onto a magnet. Make a rainbow by using a different color for each magnet.
- Draw a picture of your child's school mascot and use school colors.
- Let the rubber cement dry thoroughly before attaching the magnet to your fridge.
- The result will be a totally unique and useful decoration for your fridge. Use the magnets to hang up artwork, school grades, shopping lists, and photos!