Frogs love a rainy day and you will too, with this fun indoor baking project. Kids will jump with excitement over how fun these frog cupcakes are to make. Huge, fluffy marshmallows and chocolate chips create the eyes that make them come alive, and they’re so tasty that you won’t feel bad for eating them! So grab a couple creative chefs and hop to the kitchen to make this recipe.
What You Do:
- Have your child mix up a batch of her favorite cake batter, and prepare cupcakes them according to the directions. This is a great time to practice measuring and separating wet and dry ingredients.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before decorating.
- Create some green icing by mixing several drops of green food coloring with your favorite white frosting in a large bowl. You may also want to add a few drops of blue food coloring for a deeper shade.
- Have your child frost the cupcakes with a knife, being generous with the frosting.
- Cut some marshmallows in half width-wise.
- Place the marshmallows sticky side up, and help your child cut a tiny dent in the center of the marshmallow with a sharp knife.
- Have your child press a chocolate chip upside down into the holes, to create the eyeballs.
- Press two marshmallow eyes onto the top of each cupcake.
- Cut pieces of licorice to about 3” long, and press them into each cupcake, below the eyes, to create a smile.
Share these swampy treats with friends!