Nothing says spring and summer like a big pile of ripe berries. This stamp-making fabric craft will get you in the mood for a picnic and get your child excited about fruit. Printmaking dates backs hundreds of years and is usually done on paper or fabric, and now your child can create her own fun and fabulous patterns.
What You Need:
- Fabric or paper
- Parchment paper
- Acrylic paint
What You Do:
- Have your child draw out some fruit shapes onto the sponges with a marker.
- Keeping them near the edges will make them easier to cut out.
- Cut out the fruit shapes, and encourage your child to add details to them by pinching or pulling off pieces of sponge.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the table for easy cleanup, and then tape down the fabric on top of that.
- Pour acrylic paint into a plate, and then lightly dip the sponge shapes into the paint and wipe off any excess. You don't want too much paint because this will just make a blob on the fabric.
- Lightly press the stamp onto the fabric, and encourage your child to make a pattern with different colored paints or different fruits!
- Let the paint dry overnight.