Ghoul Guts Squash Soup
Stringy orange ghoul guts are actually a healthy and gross-looking appetizer for your child’s Halloween party. The recipe calls for a cooked spaghetti squash, tomato sauce and raisins to create the perfect texture of horror. When mixed together and served in clear glasses they can be gobbled down in one delicious slurp!
What You Need:
- Spaghetti squash
- Tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
What You Do:
- Cook the spaghetti squash in your oven or microwave. If using an oven, cut the squash in half and lay flat on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cook at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until you can easily puncture the skin of the squash with a knife. This is a great time to show your child how to set a timer.
- Allow the squash to cool.
- Warm up the tomato or spaghetti sauce in a pan.
- Scoop out the seeds from the center of the spaghetti squash and discard, or roast the seeds just like pumpkin seeds for another treat! Fork out the “spaghetti” strands into a bowl.
- Mix several tablespoons of the sauce into the squash. The squash texture should be stringy and not too saucy.
- Sprinkle in a handful of raisins and mix together.
Scoop out the “ghoul guts” into a glass and serve! Devilishly frightening!