Gingerbread Man Story Activity
Your child will run as fast as she can to create her own gingerbread man! This adorable activity is a great way to share the Gingerbread Man story with your kid while she practices assemblage.
What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Brown construction paper
- Glitter glue
- Googly eyes
- 2 small white poms
- 3 colored medium poms
- Glue stick
- Brown tempera paint
What You Do:
- Have your child paint the backside of a paper plate with brown paint. Set it aside to dry.
- While the plate is drying, tell your child the story of the Gingerbread Man. He thought he was one clever cookie! His favorite thing to tell people was, "Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" All was well until the day he was tricked by a fox, who had a delicious gingerbread cookie snack!
- Ask your child to cut out two arms and two legs for her gingerbread man, and glue them in place.
- Have her cut out a circle for his head and glue it in place at the top of the plate.
- Ask her to decorate the arms, legs and top of the head with decorative wavy lines using the glitter glue. While the glitter glue is still out, she can also give the gingerbread man a smile if she likes.
- Encourage her to glue on the googly eyes, two small white poms to finish his smile and three medium-sized poms to decorate his chest.