What You Need:
- Assorted hard candies, like Jolly Ranchers
- Sprinkles or other decorations
- Cookie cutters or silicon candy molds
- Baking sheet
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Help your child spray the cookie cutters with nonstick spray.
- If using cookie cutters, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay the cookie cutters on top, then have your child place a few candies into the cookie cutters in a single layer. A silicon candy mold works well too, and all you have to do is place the candies inside each mold.
- Put the cookie cutters in the oven and bakefor approximately 8-10 minutes or until the candy is fully melted. Carfeully remove from the oven.
- Your child can drop a few sprinkles on top as decoration, then let them cool for a few minutes so they are slightly hardened.
- When the candy is still a little soft, insert the tapered end of s chopstick into each candy to create a hole for the ribbon.
- Let the candy shapes cool completely, then carefully remove them from the cookie cutters or molds.
- Now thread a ribbon through the hole to create an ornament.
Place these tasty and beautiful ornament on a tree, hang them in a window, or suspend them from the ceiling for a breathtaking holiday display.