Make Your Own Glass Cleaner
Ever thought of making your own household products? Commercial glass cleaners are expensive and full of harsh chemicals that are rough on the environment and us. Try making this home recipe for glass cleaner with your child. It's simple, effective and very inexpensive!
What You Need:
- Mixing bowl
- Rubbing alcohol
- White vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Spray bottle
- Measuring cup that won't be used for cooking
What You Do:
- Making your own products offers a great sense of accomplishment. Explain to your child the importance of choosing products that are safe for the environment and your family.
- Place a large mixing bowl in the kitchen sink.
- Have your child measure and add 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Then he can add 1/2 cup of water.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol. Immediately rinse out the measuring cup and remember to clean it very well or repurpose it strictly for craft use; rubbing alcohol is not digestible!
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix all of the ingredients for 2 minutes
- Pour the mixture into the spray bottle.
Use your solution the same way as your regular glass cleaner. You’ll be surprised how well it works!