Gold Medals for Kids Activity
Word class athletes aren't the only ones who deserve a gold medal! Help your kindergartener create his own shiny medal that celebrates his amazing and award-worthy accomplishments.
What You Need:
- Glue stick
- Gold glitter
- Gold acrylic paint
- Black marker
What You Do:
- Draw a circle on the cardboard for the base of the medal.
- Use scissors to cut out the circle.
- Paint the cardboard circle gold and allow it to dry completely.
- Use a pencil to design the front of your medal. What achievements do you want to celebrate? Anything from a recent sports win to an impressive ballet recital would work!
- Outline the design you created with a black marker.
- Spread a glue stick over the entire front of your medal
- Sprinkle gold glitter over your medal. Shake the medal to allow the excess glitter to fall off. Make sure you do this over a trash can.
- Take the ribbon and measure it around your child's neck. His medal should hang squarely in the middle of his chest. Cut the ribbon to size.
- Staple each end of the ribbon to the back of the cardboard medal. Time for the awards ceremony!