Thousands of witches come out to celebrate Halloween. Now, your child can make her very own self-standing witch. In the process, she'll get to practice making cone shapes out of construction paper for the witch's hat.
What You Do:
- Have your child paint the terra cotta pot with the black paint, and the styrofoam ball with the green paint. Set them aside to dry.
- Help show her how to make a cone with the black construction paper. Encourage her to make her own cone to top the witch's hat. Staple it in place and cut off any excess paper.
- Encourage her to cut out a circle for the base of the hat. Help her glue the cone to the circle to create the witch's hat.
- Add yarn to the top of the styrofoam ball to create hair for the witch. You can set the ball in the mouth of the pot so it stays in one place while you're working on it!
- Glue the hat on top of the yarn.
- Have her glue the googly eyes in place and draw a mouth on her witch.
- Flip the terra cotta pot over, so the bottom is at the top. Glue the witch's head onto the base of the pot.
Is the witch a good witch, or an evil witch? Set your witch where she can greet trick-or-treaters!