Halloween Party Game
Get ready for some scary Halloween counting practice! This tactile ball rolling game encourages players to knock down as many cylinders as they can. Then they subtract what they knocked over from the total amount of 10. Finally, they write that number down and add it to each new answer they roll. The player who reaches a total of 50 points first wins!
What You Need:
- 10 tin cans
- Tempera paint
- Tape (optional)
- Medium styrofoam ball
- Googly eyes
- 2 or more players
What You Do:
- Have the players help paint the cylinders solid Halloween colors. Let dry.
- Ask them to paint jack-o'-lanterns or other Halloween creatures on the front of the cans
- Encourage them to paint the styrofoam ball green. Add the googly eyes and a mouth.
- Set up the 10 cans in a pyramid shape.
- Ask one player to roll the ball on the ground and try to knock over all the cylinders.
- Have the player who rolled first count how many cylinders were knocked over, then subtract that amount from 10 to get his score. Have him write the score down. (For example: If he knocked over 6 cans, 10 - 6 = 4, he would write down 4 as his score for that turn.)
- Continue until each player has had a turn. After the second round, and all subsequent rounds, ask the players to add up their scores after each turn so it's easier to keep track of them.
- Whoever is the first to arrive at 50 wins!