What You Do:
- Fold the green paper in half and set it down vertically with the folded edge on the left side.
- Use a pencil to draw the witch face, hair and any clothing. The face should take up most of the paper. The top of the head should fill the entire top edge of the paper.
- Cut out only the right edge of the witch's face and clothing, not altering the bottom, left side or top of the card.
- Lay the green card aside. Draw a hat on the black construction paper, and cut it out. The bottom edge of the hat (the brim of the hat) should be wider than the top edge of the card.
- Glue the bottom edge of the hat onto the top of the witch card.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the witch.
- Use crayons to color in the hair, mouth and clothing. Use black marker to outline details and add a nose.
- Glue the small pom poms onto the witch face and nose to create warts and boils.
- Add glitter to the clothing, and use stickers, sequins and beads to decorate the witches hat.
When all the glitter is dry, write a spooky message or cast your favorite spell inside the card and share with your favorite ghoulish friend on Halloween!
Ellen Dean has worked as an art educator in Thailand since 2005, working with both children and adults. She has also been a professional artist working in painting, sculpture and photography since 1996.