Does your little one like to help you in the kitchen? If so, she’ll love making and decorating these hamburger cookies! Made of simple Nilla wafers and frosting, these hamburger cookies will be sure to please. Make a plate full of these and serve them at your next BBQ or picnic for dessert, or pack it as a snack in her lunch for a special treat. Not only will she get practice developing her fine motor skills as she frosts the cookies, but she'll also be proud to share these with loved ones and friends!
What You Need:
- 1 box of vanilla wafer cookies, such as Nilla Wafers
- 1 box of chocolate mint cookies (like Keebler Grasshopper Cookies)
- 1 can of white frosting
- Food coloring
- 3 small bowls
- 3 spoons
- 1 butter knife
- 1 plate
What You Do:
- Spoon some white frosting into each of the three bowls. Add red food coloring to the first bowl for the ketchup, yellow to the second bowl for mustard, and green to the third bowl for lettuce. Stir each one. Leave the remaining white frosting for the mayo.
- With the knife, spread a little white frosting (mayo) on a Nilla Wafer (bun). Add one chocolate mint cookie for the burger. Spoon a dab of red frosting (ketchup), yellow frosting (mustard), and green frosting (lettuce) onto the Grasshopper Cookie (burger).
- Add another Nilla Wafer on top of the frosting for the top bun.
Voila! Now your hamburger is finished. Enjoy!