This handprint reindeer adds some whimsy to your Christmas decorations. If you're on the lookout for a creative way to showcase your little one's hands and feet, celebrate your growing child—and the holiday season—with a handprint reindeer craft made from the traced outlines of your child's hands and feet. Make a handprint reindeer with your child out of paper and pom poms.
What You Need:
- Light brown construction paper
- Dark brown construction paper
- Red pom pom
- Wiggle eyes
What You Do:
- Help your child trace her foot on a piece of dark brown construction paper.
- Let her use scissors to carefully cut out the foot. This shape will be her reindeer's face.
- Next, have her fold a sheet of light brown construction paper in half.
- Help her trace on of her hands on the light brown construction paper.
- With the paper still folded, have her cut out her traced hand from the paper. She should now have two hand shapes.
- Let her tape the cut-out hands behind the reindeer head to create antlers.
- Have her glue two wiggle eyes in place to give the reindeer goofy personality.
- The last touch is the "Rudolph red" nose! Help your child glue the red pom pom to the center of the reindeer's face.