Want to make your own version of the Hollywood walk of fame in your garden? Immortalize your child's handiwork by creating a cement handprint craft. Your child will squeal with delight when it comes time to push his hands into the gooey cement. Then, decorate the stone with creative trinkets to commemorate this moment in time! This handprint craft will last forever, even though your child keeps on growing!
What You Do:
- Have your child prepare a large, level surface by covering it with newspaper.
- Now he can pour the water into the bucket.
- Add 1/3 of the cement mix into the water and stir the mix with the stick until the two are well-blended.
- Spray the plastic mold with non-stick spray.
- Slowly pour an inch of cement into the mold, and tap the mold against the table to get the mixture nice and level. Keep doing this until all the mold is full.
- Drag the flat side of the paint stick across the surface to even out the cement.
- Let the cement sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Once the cement is semi-set, have your child push his hand into the cement.
- He can use a stick or pencil to write his name, the date, or other designs.
- Push beads, rocks and other decorations around the handprint.
- Let the block dry for 24 hours.
- Your child can paint any other designs on the block to add even more personality.
- When completely dry, turn the mold over and slide the block out.
Now you have a handprint just like the stars!