What You Do:
- Have your child cut the points off of the neckties, so that there are six triangles of roughly the same size.
- Invite him to arrange them on the poster board to form the 6 points of the Star of David.
- If he wishes, invite your child to fill in the star with more triangle pieces of the same size, with one triangle in the center.
- Let the glue dry for at least a few hours, or overnight if he doesn't mind waiting to complete the project.
- Once the glue has dried, ask your child to carefully cut out his star.
- He should also cut out six strips of trim to place at the base of each of the original 6 triangles, forming the center hexagon of the Star of David.
- Help your child cut out a 7th strip of trim and make a loop from which to hang the Star of David. Attach the loop of trim to the back of the star, either with glue or with a stapler.
Once it's dry, have your child pick a spot where he would like to hang his creation! Display it in your home with pride, and watch guests admire the patchwork star!