A heart ornament is a adorable decoration that shares the love on Valentine's Day. Capture the sweet charm of Valentine's Day with this simple and adorable hanging heart ornament! Made from paper and ribbon, this lovely craft can be hung from windows, backpacks or even cards. Make a heart ornament with your child this February.
What You Need:
- Hole punch
- White construction paper
- Colored pencils
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a heart shape on white construction paper.
- Let her cut out the heart shape.
- Have her write “Happy Valentine's Day” in the center of the heart.
- Use a red pencil to color a border around the edge of the heart.
- Help her draw roses on the heart.
- Use a green colored pencil to draw a stem and leaves connecting all the roses.
- Punch a hole in the top of the heart.
- Have your child put a ribbon through the hole.
- Hang the beautiful heart in the window where everyone can see it.
If your kid is feeling a bit more ambitious, have her make the heart double-sided by recreating the same design on the back. This way, if she hangs it in a window, people can enjoy her artsy craft from inside and outside the house!