What You Need:
- Hole punch
- White construction paper
- Colored pencils
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a heart shape on white construction paper.
- Let her cut out the heart shape.
- Have her write “Happy Valentine's Day” in the center of the heart.
- Use a red pencil to color a border around the edge of the heart.
- Help her draw roses on the heart.
- Use a green colored pencil to draw a stem and leaves connecting all the roses.
- Punch a hole in the top of the heart.
- Have your child put a ribbon through the hole.
- Hang the beautiful heart in the window where everyone can see it.
If your kid is feeling a bit more ambitious, have her make the heart double-sided by recreating the same design on the back. This way, if she hangs it in a window, people can enjoy her artsy craft from inside and outside the house!