Get ready for Thanksgiving Day by explaining to your child the significance of the harvest. In this crafty activity, your kid will create a harvest decoration to help remember to be thankful for all of the delicious food that will adorn her Thanksgiving table this year.
What You Need:
- Construction paper, yellow and green
- Warm colored beads and buttons
What You Do:
- Help your child to draw out the basic corn shape on the yellow construction paper. Let her cut it out and then set it aside.
- Draw out the corn husk on the green paper and let her cut the husk out.
- Ask her to glue the yellow corn shape in the center of the green husk.
- Now she can glue buttons and beads all over the corn, creating a bumpy texture.
- Hang up her harvest decoration near the Thanksgiving Day table so as to celebrate a bountiful harvest and bring luck for many more in the years to come.