Heart Hair Clips
Heart hair clips give your sweetheart a sweet style upgrade. Whether love is in the air or Valentine's Day is around the corner, help your fashionable kid add a lovely touch to her style with heart hair clips! Simple to make and fun to wear, these heart-shaped beauties might kickstart a trend of DIY clip crafts. These heart hair clips are perfect for Valentine's Day or anyday that needs a little extra love.
What You Need:
- Plain barrette
- White cardstock
- Red felt
- Silver glitter glue
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a heart on the white cardstock. Remind her that this heart will be on her hair clip, so she should make it only as big -- or as small -- as she thinks she would like to wear.
- Have her use scissors to cut out the heart.
- Let her cut a slightly smaller red heart from the red felt.
- Help your child glue the red felt heart onto the large white heart.
- Have her draw one more heart on the rest of the white cardstock. This heart should be even smaller than the red felt heart.
- Let her glue this small heart onto the red felt heart.
- Have your child use silver glitter glue to make a tiny heart on top of the white heart.
- Set aside the hearts to dry overnight.
- The next day, help your child glue her heart creation onto the barrette clip.
- Let it dry for several hours before letting her try it on.
- Encourage her to experiment with different styles. Where does she like to wear her heart clip the best?