Can hearts grow on trees? Create a little magic with this special craft that transforms a regular paper tree into a Valentine masterpiece.
What You Need:
- Blue construction paper
- Brown construction paper
- Red construction paper
- Pink construction paper
- White construction paper
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Have your child paint on the red, pink and white construction paper. What she paints is up to her -- encourage her to try out differents patterns, dots, dashes and even splatters.
- Set aside the painted paper to dry.
- Place the brown paper vertically before your child. Have her draw the outline of a tree with roots and branches. The tree should fill the entire paper from top to bottom.
- Let her use scissors to cut the treee out.
- Help her glue the tree to the blue sheet of construction paper.
- Next, have your child fold one of the painted paper sheets of paper in half.
- Let her fold the halved paper in half at least three more times.
- Have her draw a heart on the top of the folded paper.
- Let her use scissors to cut the heart out. Make sure she cuts through all of the folded sheets. When she's done, she should have multiple paper hearts.
- Have her repeat this process with the rest of her painted sheets of construction paper.
- Once she has a pile of painted hearts, have your child glue them to the tree like leaves.
- She can either hang up her heart art when she's done or give it away as a special Valentine gift!