Everyone loves a hearty breakfast and this "heart-y" one is easy to do. Want to share some time with your child? Let him do the prep "work" using a cookie cutter to remove the center of the bread so you can get started cooking. The result will be a heart-shaped egg guaranteed to bring a smile to your breakfast bunch!
What You Need:
- One slice of sandwich bread
- One large egg
- 1 3-inch heart shaped cookie cutter
- ½ tablespoon butter
What You Do:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Take the heart shaped cookie cutter and cut a heart out of the center of the piece of bread (reserve the bread cutout for later). Use whole wheat bread to make it a heart healthy start to the day!
- Place the bread in the skillet and toast on one side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the bread and add an egg into its center. Allow the egg to cook and the bread to brown.
- While the egg is cooking, you can lightly toast the heart cut-out.
- Carefully slide the egg and toast onto a plate and garnish with the heart cut-out.
Enjoy breakfast together - it's good for the heart!