Make Valentine's Day breakfast special with this 'hearty' egg and toast recipe. This Valentine's Day breakfast gets a special twist with a heart-shaped egg. Your child can play sous-chef for this Valentine's Day breakfast by using a cookie cutter to create a heart-shaped hole in the bread before it's toasted. The ending result is a heartfilled Valentine's Day breakfast that will delight kids and parents alike!
What You Do:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Take the heart shaped cookie cutter and cut a heart out of the center of the piece of bread (reserve the bread cutout for later). Use whole wheat bread to make it a heart healthy start to the day!
- Place the bread in the skillet and toast on one side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the bread and add an egg into its center. Allow the egg to cook and the bread to brown.
- While the egg is cooking, you can lightly toast the heart cut-out.
- Carefully slide the egg and toast onto a plate and garnish with the heart cut-out.
Enjoy breakfast together - it's good for the heart!
Mindy Wright is a children's cooking instructor and owner of Patacake Parties.