String a Holiday Card Clothesline
The United State Postal Service estimates that 16 billion cards, letters, and packages are sent between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. That's a lot of mail! Avoid holiday card clutter by arranging cards into a creative display. Pin them artfully to a length of yarn with classic wooden clothespins.
What You Need:
- Wooden clothespins
- Holiday cards or photos
What You Do:
- Choose a clear, visible wall space where your holiday card clothesline will go.
- Have your child cut the desired length of yarn.
- Help her place the yarn on the wall and tack the ends into place. If you have a lot of cards to display, you may want to make several lines.
- Invite your child to clip holiday cards to the clothesline with clothespins. Encourage her to experiment with the order and presentation of the cards to find an arrangement she likes best.
- As more cards arrive, continue clipping them to the clothesline, rearranging the order or adding more lines to make room if necessary.
Sit back and enjoy a simple collage of holiday greetings!