The holiday season is full of familiar objects like candles and ornaments and delicious treats! Help your kindergartener recognize these signs of the season with a winter scavenger hunt.
What You Need:
- Reward (e.g. a yummy beverage like hot chocolate!)
What You Do:
- Make a list of 7–10 items for your child to find that are all holiday-themed. Here are some ideas: Menorah, favorite ornament, paper snowflake, pictures of family members, holiday cards and sugar cookies
- Put a basket in a central location in your home. This is where your child will put the items she finds.
- Direct your kindergartener to show you where each item on the list is in the house. If she can pick up the item, have her put it in the basket. If she can't lift it (like with a menorah or a Christmas tree), take a picture of her in front of it with your camera.
- Once she finds all of the items, celebrate with a cup of hot chocolate or apple cider!