Keep your holiday memories safe in this crafty photo memory box, handmade by your child! Decorated with the signs of the season, this keepsake box can store all the memories you want to remember forever. Using cool stickers and cutting out shapes for this box is great practice for dexterous little hands. Whether it’s Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza or Festivus, any holiday works if you add your personal touch.
What You Need:
- Wood or plastic box with lid
- Glue stick
- Festive wrapping paper or construction paper
What You Do:
- Help your child measure the lid of the holiday memory box and cut a piece of red or green construction paper to cover it.
- Glue the paper down on the lid.
- Your child can write a label to indicate what or who the box is made for, and the year it was made. She can use a marker to write the label directly on the lid or cut out letters to glue on top.
- Now she can decorate the rest of the lid, as well as the sides, with stickers, shapes, ribbon, and wrapping paper.
After taking and developing her holiday photos, she can put them in the box and keep it or give it as a thoughtful holiday gift.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.