What You Need:
- 1 medium potato, clean and dry
- 2 blueberries
- 1 carrot cut in ¼” slices
- Additional fruit or veggies from your fridge (we used tomato and spinach)
- Toothpicks broken in half
- Folded paper towel
What You Do:
- Help your child choose where the blueberry eyes will be placed. She may need help pushing the toothpicks through the blueberries into the potato.
- Stab two carrot slices with a toothpick for each arm and press them into the sides of the potato.
- Find a creative way to make a mouth for your potato person. A tomato or red pepper can do the trick!
- Choose a fruit or vegetable to represent the hair. Spinach is a fun way to create hair. Multiple grapes give the idea of curly hair.
- Set your potato person somewhere to be admired by friends and family. Or, have him sit as a companion at the dinner table to encourage eating yummy veggies and fruits!
Helpful Tip: A folded paper towel square or thimble can help save discomfort on little fingers trying to push a toothpick into a potato.