A potato becomes a body for this harvest holiday creature. Step-by-step, your child will use blueberries for eyes, layers of carrots to create arms, and other combinations of cut up veggies from your fridge. All parts are attached with toothpicks and will create a little potato person. This tasty project is definitely too cute to eat!
What You Need:
- 1 medium potato, clean and dry
- 2 blueberries
- 1 carrot cut in ¼” slices
- Additional fruit or veggies from your fridge (we used tomato and spinach)
- Toothpicks broken in half
- Folded paper towel
What You Do:
- Help your child choose where the blueberry eyes will be placed. She may need help pushing the toothpicks through the blueberries into the potato.
- Stab two carrot slices with a toothpick for each arm and press them into the sides of the potato.
- Find a creative way to make a mouth for your potato person. A tomato or red pepper can do the trick!
- Choose a fruit or vegetable to represent the hair. Spinach is a fun way to create hair. Multiple grapes give the idea of curly hair.
- Set your potato person somewhere to be admired by friends and family. Or, have him sit as a companion at the dinner table to encourage eating yummy veggies and fruits!
Helpful Tip: A folded paper towel square or thimble can help save discomfort on little fingers trying to push a toothpick into a potato.