These sparkling earrings look fancy but they're super simple to make using inexpensive craft items. Your child can have a unique piece of jewelry with no beading or dangerous tools required! She can mix and match gems and other objects to create a set of earrings for every outfits, or make friendship earrings for all her friends.
What You Need:
- Craft wire
- Needle-nosed pliers
- Small adhesive dots
- Drop earring findings (fish-hook or clip-on)
What You Do:
- Have your child cut two 3" pieces of craft wire.
- Using needle-nosed pliers, turn one end of each wire into a loop and twist it around a few times to secure it.
- Have your child place small adhesive dots on the flat sides of two rhinestones.
- Sandwich the piece of the wire between the two gems so the adhesives attach to each other.
- Now she can add more gems to the wire in the same way. She can experiment with different styles by making color patterns.
- Make sure to cover the bottom tip of the wire with two gems so the wire doesn't stick out.
- Show your child how to bend open a small gap in the loop on an earring finding by using the needle-nosed pliers.
- Slide the loops of the rhinestone earrings through the ring of the earring findings, and twist them shut again with needle-nosed pliers. Repeat until you have as many pairs as you desire!
If giving the earrings as a gift, your child can cut a piece of cardstock, poke two holes in it with a pin, and hang or clip the earrings to the card to make it look professional!