Homemade Magic Wand Activity
Got a wistful wisher on your hands? What your child needs is her very own creative wand! Enlist her creative skills and allow her to choose fabric and sequin colors. Once everything dries, she can practice using her imagination all over the house and beyond.
What You Need:
- Fabric or mesh
- Ping pong ball
- Ice pick
- Wax paper
What You Do:
- Gather your supplies and set up a small work area on a flat surface with wax paper covering the table.
- Poke a hole into the ping-pong ball with an ice pick and then have your child work the straw into the hole and secure it with glue.
- Cut a 6" square of fabric or mesh material and allow your child to wrap it around the ping-pong ball and straw.
- Have her secure the fabric by tying a bow with the yarn around the straw at the bottom of the ping-pong ball.
- Have her roll the ping-pong ball in glue so that it is evenly coated with a thin layer.
- Then, she can attach the sequins one at a time in any pattern she wishes or simply roll the ball in a pile of sequins.
- The result is a sparkly wand that is lightweight, easy to carry, and fun to take with her wherever her imagination wants to go!