Homemade Hand Sanitizer
With new diseases appearing each day, it's important to keep your child's hands clean and germ free. As a parent, you want to do everything possible to ensure your child stays healthy, especially when a contagious virus spreads. Instead of stocking up on hand sanitizer at the store, try this activity where you'll make your very own personal sanitizer! It's easy enough for your child to help you with, which means she'll be more willing to use it and remain healthy.
What You Need:
- ⅓ cup of 99% rubbing alcohol
- ⅔ cup of aloe vera gel
- 8–10 drops of essential oil (such as vanilla, lavender, grapefruit, peppermint, etc.)
- One small mixing bowl and spoon
- Recycled liquid soap bottle
What You Do:
- Pick out a scented essential oil with your child. Essential oils can usually be found at health, beauty product, or aromatherapy stores.
- Help your child measure out each ingredient and pour them into the mixing bowl. Hand her a spoon and invite her to stir carefully.
- Put the funnel in the opening of the soap bottle and pour the mixed ingredients into it.
- Screw the pump back on.
Now you're ready to battle those germs with your own fragrant hand sanitizer!