Get in the 4th of July spirit by whipping up a batch of frosty snow cones. Easy and quick to make, these treats hit the spot on hot summer evenings. Show your patriotic pride by sweetening them with syrups in red and blue!
What You Need:
- 4 oz. sweetened Kool-Aid (or colored snow cone syrup)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Small paper cups
What You Do:
- Have your child mix the colored flavoring and hot water together to dissolve. Set aside and let it cool.
- Ask her to place the ice cubes in a blender and add a little cold water. Blend until the ice is finely crushed, adding more water if needed.
- Invite your child to scoop out the crushed ice and place it in a cup.
- Have her drizzle some of the cooled colored mixture over ice.
The chilly confection is ready to enjoy! Eat quickly, before it melts!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.