How to Make a Magic Wand Activity
Help your child channel his inner wizard with this crafty activity perfect for imaginative youngsters. Made from recycled chopsticks and paper, this wand is truly the product of a magical do-it-yourself spell!
What You Need:
- Wooden chopstick
- White paper
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue stick
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
What You Do:
- Let your child squirt a layer of white glue on top of the paper.
- Have him set the chopstick diagonally over one of the corners of the paper. The chopstick should be sitting snugly in the puddle of glue.
- Help him roll the chopstick up in the paper like a tight burrito, making sure to tuck and glue the edges down.
- Allow the glue to dry before continuing.
- This step is adults only! Use the hot glue gun to draw spiral designs and fancy bumps and swirls all over the wand's paper surface.
- Set the wand aside to dry.
- Let your child set out a few sheets of newspaper on a flat surface.
- Help him squirt a small pile of paint onto the newspaper.
- Then have him paint the wand using the paintbrush. Show him how the dried glue gun designs show through the paint.
- Allow the wand to dry completely before sending your little wizard off to play!