How to Make a Paper Reindeer
Who knew reindeer could come in such fun and functional shapes? Let your child celebrate the season with this recycled craft that turns paper tubes into sweet reindeer ready to be filled with holiday goodies. Your child can give them out as gifts or keep them for himself!
What You Need:
- Recycled paper tubes
- Red pom pom
- 2 brown pipe cleaners
- Tissue paper
- Candy, chocolates and other treats!
What You Do:
- Have your child create her reindeer's nose by gluing a pom pom in the center of the cardboard tube.
- Let her glue two wiggle eyes above the pom pom to complete the reindeer's face.
- Next, have her use scissors to cut two pipe cleaners in half.
- To make the antlers, help your child staple two pipe cleaners vertically onto the cardboard tube. The pipe cleaner antlers should be at least a finger's width above the wiggle eyes.
- Have your child wrap a short length of pipe cleaner around each stapled antler.
- Help her gently stuff a sheet of red tissue paper into the paper roll. This will make a small basket for her treats.
- Let her fill the construction tube reindeer with all her yummy chocolates and candies. She's ready to dig in -- or gift her craft to a friend!