It wouldn't be Christmas without a small and cheerful army of holiday elves. Help your child create this cute and recycled craft out of paper tubes and cotton balls. His new Christmas pals will look great on dining tables, mantles and more!
What You Need:
- Recycled paper tube
- Tempera paint
- Paint brush
- Small black buttons
- Red pom
- White pom
- Red felt
- Pink construction paper
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a large oval on the cardboard tube. This will be the elf's face.
- Have him paint the elf's face with a skin tone color.
- Let him paint the rest of the tube red.
- Next, have him cut out two small circles from the pink construction paper. These circles will be the elf's blushing cheeks.
- Help him glue the pink circles on the elf's face.
- Have him glue two button eyes above the cheeks.
- Let him glue a red pom in the middle of the cheeks to create the elf's nose.
- Then have your child draw a large triangle on the red felt to make a festive elf hat.
- Let him cut out the red triangle.
- Help him use glue to attach the triangle on the top of the cardboard tube, wrapping the triangle's edges around the tube.
- Have your child glue a white pom on the top of the hat.
- For a finishing touch, let him glue a fluffed cotton ball on the elf's face to create a white beard!